Final tips for the race day -HCR 2017
- Pick up your bib by 1 PM on Saturday from Töölö Sports Hall! Arrive early enough and enjoy the expo! It´s open to the public so you can bring friends and family too! This year the bib and the gear bag are given in Hall A and the t-shirts in Hall B. You will also find the Competition Office and Info point as well as partner stands and Intersport store in Hall A. Hall B has also programme (in Finnish) on Friday from 15-18 and Saturday from 11:30-13:00 o'clock. Shake Out Run takes place on Friday at 18:00!
- Prepare for the run either at home or change your running clothes at Telia 5G-arena (previously known as Sonera Stadium).
- Take your gear to the Helsinki City Run guarded bag check area well before your start time! The back check area is located at the Bollis 6-field next to Telia 5G-arena. It will be open from 11am to 8pm on the event day! All left items must be placed inside the official HCR gear check bag given at the competition office.
- Check that your bib number is securely fastened to the front of your running outfit with the safety pins provided!
- Final visit to the porta potty! Luckily there are lots of them in the start area!
- Move to Mäntymäenkenttä 15 minutes before your starting time. Start corrals are arranged there! Enjoy the atmosphere, the warm-up and music before the start!
- Time to run! The first starting group will start at 3 pm and the following starting groups every 10 minutes after that!
ON the ROUTE
- There are four refreshment stations along the route and seven Cheering Points! Enjoy the refreshments provided and get some extra pep in your step from the cheering points!
- Smile when you see cameras! Marathonfoto´s photographers will be taking pictures along the route!
At the FINISH LINE
- YOU DID IT!!! Congratulations!
- Keep moving. Get your medal and keep walking for at least 10 minutes to fend off stiffness! Be sure to do some postrace recovery stretches.
- Refuel with the post-race snacks!
- Get warm! Get into dry clothes as soon as possible.
- Take a picture and post it on social media with the official event hashtags #hcr2017 #helsinkicityrun